World Tourism Day
The World Tourism Day celebration was started by the United Nations World Tourism Organization in the year 1980 which is celebrated every year at 27th September. This particular day was selected as at this day the laws of the UNWTO came into force in the year 1970 which is considered as the big landmark for the global tourism as it aims to aware to people about the significant role of the tourism inside the international community as well as to exhibit how the social, economic, cultural, political values are affected by it globally.
World Tourism Day 2016
World Tourism Day 2016 would be celebrated at Tuesday, on 27th of September.
This day is celebrated every year having particular theme for making aware the people all over the world. The theme of 2011 event celebration was Tourism Linking Cultures and of 2012 was Tourism and Energetic Sustainability. May be the theme of year 2013 will be highlighting the tourism role to a brighter energy future. The day is celebrated every year on September 27th each year aiming to aware the people about the importance of the tourism.
A message is sent to the general public every year by the UNWTO Secretary-General to participate in the occasion. It is celebrated with the great interest by the various tourism enterprises, organizations, government agencies and etc. Varieties of competitions are held at this day such as photo competitions promoting the tourism, tourism award presentations including free entries, discounts/special offers to the general public.
Tourism has become the continuously growing and developing economic sectors worldwide because of the occurrence of various attractive and new destinations for the tourists. So it has become the main source of income for the developing countries.
Themes of World Tourism Day
· The theme of 1980 was “Tourism’s contribution to the preservation of cultural heritage and to peace and mutual understanding”.
· The theme of 1981 was “Tourism and the quality of life”.
· The theme of 1982 was “Pride in travel: good guests and good hosts”.
· The theme of 1983 was “Travel and holidays are a right but also a responsibility for all”.
· The theme of 1984 was “Tourism for international understanding, peace and cooperation”.
· The theme of 1985 was “Youth Tourism: cultural and historical heritage for peace and friendship”.
· The theme of 1986 was “Tourism: a vital force for world peace”.
· The theme of 1987 was “Tourism for development”.
· The theme of 1988 was “Tourism: education for all”.
· The theme of 1989 was “The free movement of tourists creates one world”.
· The theme of 1990 was “Tourism: an unrecognized industry, a service to be released”.
· The theme of 1991 was “Communication, information and education: powerlines of tourism development”.
· The theme of 1992 was “Tourism: a factor of growing social and economic solidarity and of encounter between people”.
· The theme of 1993 was “Tourism development and environmental protection: towards a lasting harmony”.
· The theme of 1994 was “Quality staff, quality tourism”.
· The theme of 1995 was “WTO: serving world tourism for twenty years”.
· The theme of 1996 was “Tourism: a factor of tolerance and peace”.
· The theme of 1997 was “Tourism: a leading activity of the twenty-first century for job creation and environmental protection”.
· The theme of 1998 was “Public-private sector partnership: the key to tourism development and promotion”.
· The theme of 1999 was “Tourism: preserving world heritage for the new millennium”.
· The theme of 2000 was “Technology and nature: two challenges for tourism at the dawn of the twenty-first century”.
· The theme of 2001 was “Tourism: a toll for peace and dialogue among civilizations”.
· The theme of 2002 was “Ecotourism, the key to sustainable development”.
· The theme of 2003 was “Tourism: a driving force for poverty alleviation, job creation and social harmony”.
· The theme of 2004 was “Sport and tourism: two living forces for mutual understanding, culture and the development of societies”.
· The theme of 2005 was “Travel and transport: from imaginary of Jules Verne to the reality of the 21st century”.
· The theme of 2006 was “Tourism Enriches”.
· The theme of 2007 was “Tourism opens doors for women”.
· The theme of 2008 was “Tourism Responding to the Challenge of Climate Change and global warming”.
· The theme of 2009 was “Tourism – Celebrating Diversity”.
· The theme of 2010 was “Tourism & Biodiversity”.
· The theme of 2011 was “Tourism Linking Cultures”.
· The theme of 2012 was “Tourism and Energetic Sustainability”.
· The theme of 2013 was “Tourism and Water: Protecting our Common Future”.
· The theme of 2014 was “Tourism and Community Development”.
· The theme of 2015 was “Millions of tourists, millions of opportunities”.
· The theme of 2016 would be “Tourism for All – promoting universal accessibility”.
· The theme of 2017 would be “Sustainable Tourism – a tool for development”.
Some of the 10 best leading players in pune are as follows
Girikand Travels Pvt. Ltd
Swades tours and travels
Pinnacle Tours & Travels
Pugmarks Eco Tours Pvt. Ltd
MUMBAI 10 best
players are as follows
Kesari Tours Pvt. Ltd.
Simons Holidays – Tours & Travels
Kulin Kumar Holidays Pvt. Ltd.
Cox & Kings Ltd.
Holiday Travellers Desk (P) Ltd.
Thomas Cook India
Crossworld Holidays Tours & Travels